7378/7388 Gollner Avenue, Richmond, BC
The residential building is conveniently located in the heart of the City of Richmond. Kiwanis is just minutes away from distinct eateries, community amenities, Minoru Park, Minoru Seniors Centre, Richmond Library, Transit and Richmond Shopping Centre.
Not Accepting Applications at this time
Inside Kiwanis Towers
Kiwanis Towers uses the physical design of the building and many of its components in the building to advance certain desired social outcomes as well as address the specific needs of the seniors.
Each apartment Tower has 148 affordable suites for independent seniors.
Each suite includes:
• Appliances - Refrigerator, stove, microwave
• Bathrooms have one-piece fiberglass walk-in showers
• Adjustable shower head
• Electrical plugs that have been raised to 18” above the floor for easier access
• Kitchen cabinet door and drawer pulls that were chosen for seniors that may have arthritis
• Single lever taps in kitchen, bathroom and shower
• All floors are either ceramic tile or vinyl flooring making them easier to clean
Other Key Features include:
• High Security Building to allow seniors to feel safe
• Access to the building is by an electronic fob while guests use an Entercom System
• Amenities spaces and secure portions of the building require a fob
• Elevator require the use of the electronic fob
• Plug-Ins for electric scooters
• Video monitoring throughout the common areas
• 24 Emergency Calls for repairs
• Live-In Caretakers in each tower
Residents at Kiwanis Towers have access to over 14,000 square feet of amenities including:
• Multi purpose room used for special events and programming for residents
• Games Room with TV, Pool Table and Mahjong Table
• Fitness Room with Treadmill, recumbent bikes, rowing machine, vibrators and weights
• Ping Pong Room
• Library & Reading Room
• 2 Amenities Lounges (2nd Floor) with TV
• Smart Card operated Laundry Rooms
• Hair Salon with manicure/pedicure services
• Free Public Wi/Fi in some common areas
• Secured landscaped courtyard with pathways/gardens
• Outdoor Patios and Fire Pit
• Community Gardens
The homes at the Kiwanis Towers range from 580 to 679 square feet and feature modern kitchens, three-piece bathrooms and balconies for outdoor living.
The builder reserves the right to make modifications and substitutions should they be necessary. Units are unfurnished, layouts are for illustration purpose only.
Plan A 583 sq.ft.
Plan A1 589 sq.ft.
Plan C 617 sq.ft.
Plan B 591 sq.ft.
Plan C1 594 sq.ft.
Plan D 676 sq.ft.
Please read the following application conditions carefully in preparation of the application being received by the Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society or it’s appointed representative.
The Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society provides below market residential accommodations for seniors in Richmond that qualify. For those who wish to apply for housing within Kiwanis Towers, you must meet and verify all the following requirements:
• 60 years or older, capable of living independently without care.
• Income less than $47,000 for a single person or $54,950 for a couple.
• Assets must not exceed $250,000.
• Copies of your Income Tax Return, Tax Assessment and bank statements for the previous 3 months must be attached to your application.
• Resided in British Columbia for at least 12 months.
• The Kiwanis property is a “Non-Smoking” building.
• A completed Application Form.
The application form can be downloaded on the Richmond Kiwanis Club website at www.richmondkiwanis.ca when the application process is open.
In order to provide services to those in need in the Richmond area, applications will be given priority based on the following:
• Current Richmond Residents
• Applicants with family residing in Richmond
• Canadian Armed Force veterans
• British Columbia Residents
Application Approval Process:
Once the above points have been met and the application has been received by the Kiwanis Office, your application will be reviewed. It will then be determined, based on the application details and eligibility requirements, if you qualify for housing in the Kiwanis Towers.
Applications are to be completed with supporting documentation and mailed to the below address:
Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society
c/o AWM Alliance Real Estate Group
#100 – 7388 Gollner Avenue
Applications will not be accepted in person at the above address.
This review process may include an interview with Kiwanis representative(s) to clarify any issues with the application review. Incomplete applications without proper supporting documents will not be processed.
After the review process is complete, applicants will be advised by a confirmation letter on whether they have been approved or not approved for housing at the building. The confirmation letter will be mailed within 6-8 weeks once the application is received. Please note that demand is high for accommodations at Kiwanis Towers – meeting all requirements does not ensure acceptance.
Approved Applicants/Unapproved Applicants:
If you are approved through the review process, you will be added to the waitlist. Applicant(s) are offered a suite as the suites become available. The applicant(s) has one opportunity to rent the suite that is available. Refusal to rent the available suite will void your application on file. Due tp Covid-19, suites are not shown to applicants prior to the start of the tenancy.
Those applicants on the waiting list will be kept on file for a maximum period of 6 months, after which time the application will be discarded. Kiwanis has a 6-month limitation on keeping the applications and files are discarded after the limitation period. Applicants wishing to maintain their names on the waiting list will be required to contact Kiwanis in writing prior to the end of the stated period. Applicants must provide a letter stating to extend the timeline by another 6 months and provided any updated information such as tax information or bank statements.
For those applicants who are not approved, notification will be provided to you in writing after the application review is completed.
The Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society serves the needs of seniors requiring below market residential accommodations in the Richmond area. Should you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, please contact the management office at 604.278.7772 and someone will be able to assist you.