9500 Tomicki Avenue, Richmond, BC
Kiwanis owns 6 luxury affordable rental suites in this residential building is conveniently located in the Alexandra Gardens neighborhood of the City of Richmond. Trafalgar Square is just minutes away from hundreds of shops, services and restaurants.
Inside Trafalgar Square
Each apartment Tower has 148 affordable suites for independent seniors.
Each suite includes:
• 30” wide five-burner gas cooktop and electric self-cleaning oven
• Fridge and Dishwasher
• Stacking Washer and Dryer
• Central Air-Cooling and Heating System
• Engineered Stone Countertops
• Cabinet features include soft-close hardware on the doors and drawers
• High efficiency dual flush toilets
Other Key Features include:
• Suite doors feature heavy deadbolt locks and door viewers
• Video monitoring throughout the common areas
• Secure, well lit parkade for residents and visitors
• Key fob access to building parkade and common areas
Residents can enjoy access to the 5400 square feet of resort-style amenities at the Trafalgar Square.
• Stylish seating area with a long bar and TV
• Billiards Room & Ping Pong Room
• 2 level fitness studio with cardio machines and free weights
• Music practice rooms
• Outdoor Patio Area
Plan A 638 sq.ft.
Plan A2 600 sq.ft.
Plan A3 665 sq.ft.
Plan C 850 sq.ft.
Please read the following application conditions carefully in preparation of the application being received by the Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society or it’s appointed representative.
The Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society provides below market residential accommodations for seniors in Richmond that qualify. For those who wish to apply for housing within Kiwanis Towers, you must meet and verify all the following requirements:
• 60 years or older, capable of living independently without care.
• One Co-Applicant 50 years or older living with the primary applicant 60 years or old allowed.
• Income less than $51,500 for a 1-bedroom unit.
• Income less than $63,000 for a 2-bedroom unit.
• Assets must not exceed $250,000.
• Copies of your Income Tax Return, Tax Assessment and bank statements for the previous 3 months must be attached to your application.
• Resided in British Columbia for at least 12 months.
• The Kiwanis property is a “Non-Smoking” building.
• A completed Application Form.
The application form can be downloaded on the Richmond Kiwanis Club website at www.richmondkiwanis.ca when the application process is open.
In order to provide services to those in need in the Richmond area, applications will be given priority based on the following:
• Current Richmond Residents
• Applicants with family residing in Richmond
• Canadian Armed Force veterans
• British Columbia Residents
Application Approval Process:
Once the above points have been met and the application has been received by the Kiwanis Office, your application will be reviewed. It will then be determined, based on the application details and eligibility requirements, if you qualify for housing in the Kiwanis Towers.
Applications are to be completed with supporting documentation and mailed to the below address:
Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society
c/o AWM Alliance Real Estate Group
#100 – 7388 Gollner Avenue
Applications will not be accepted in person at the above address.
This review process may include an interview with Kiwanis representative(s) to clarify any issues with the application review. Incomplete applications without proper supporting documents will not be processed.
After the review process is complete, applicants will be advised by a confirmation letter on whether they have been approved or not approved for housing at the building. The confirmation letter will be mailed within 6-8 weeks once the application is received. Please note that demand is high for accommodations at Kiwanis Towers – meeting all requirements does not ensure acceptance.
Approved Applicants/Unapproved Applicants:
If you are approved through the review process, you will be added to the waitlist. Applicant(s) are offered a suite as the suites become available. The applicant(s) will be shown the suite and has one opportunity to rent the suite that is available. Refusal to rent the available suite will void your application on file.
Those applicants on the waiting list will be kept on file for a maximum period of 6 months, after which time the application will be discarded. Kiwanis has a 6-month limitation on keeping the applications and files are discarded after the limitation period. Applicants wishing to maintain their names on the waiting list will be required to contact Kiwanis in writing prior to the end of the stated period. Applicants must provide a letter stating to extend the timeline by another 6 months and provided any updated information such as tax information or bank statements.
For those applicants who are not approved, notification will be provided to you in writing after the application review is completed.
The Richmond Kiwanis Senior Citizens Housing Society serves the needs of seniors requiring below market residential accommodations in the Richmond area. Should you have any further questions regarding the status of your application, please contact the management office at 604.278.7772 and someone will be able to assist you.
KIWANIS IS CURRENTLY NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS AT THIS TIME